Are you planning to install a new floor at your sports hall? Installing a new gym or sports floor is a big deal. The selection of the right sports floor depends upon the basic purpose of your business. Your floor should be fit for activities that will take place on it. You can not install a rubber floor if you want a basketball court.
Environment also plays a good role. The size of wood changes with the change in humidity and can cause problems. You can not install wooden floor at damp areas.
This article shows the types of floor available for your sports hall with their advantages and disadvantages.
Wood is the best form of flooring and is appropriate for gyms and sport courts. It offers a class and beauty to your floor. Wooden floor gives consistent bounce while playing ball games such as basketball and mini football. It is expensive to install and difficult to maintain in high traffic areas. If you want to use your sports hall for meeting and big gatherings, I will not suggest you to install wooden floor.
- Wooden floor is beautiful and durable.
- It offers good bounce for ball games.
- Installation charge is high.
- It is difficult to maintain and is not suitable in high traffic areas
If you want a safe gym floor, I would suggest you go get a rubber floor. A rubber floor is soft and padded to minimize injuries. It is non-slippery and has a good sound absorption capacity. But, rubber floor does not offer good bounce for ball games and is not appropriate if you want a sports floor. Rubber floor is a good choice for gyms.
- Rubber floor prevents injuries.
- It is available in multiple colors.
- It is not appropriate for ball games.
- It looks less attractive than wood
If you feel wood or rubber is beyond your budget, vinyl floor is the best alternative. Beside being affordable, it is attractive and easy to install. It is also resistant to water and stain. It can be home to allergens such as dust, dirt, mildew, etc. It may need timely repair and maintenance.
- Installation is simple and economic.
- It is resistant to stain and water.
- It needs frequent maintenance and repair.
- It is pure to dents and allergens.
Decide the right floor for you and hire an expert to install it.